Monday 14 February 2011

Hit the gym step on the scales stare at the number, you say you dropping 10 pounds preparing for summer, and you don't do it for the man, men never notice

I realise I haven't blogged here for a while- so apolies for that. There isn't really much to report, other than I've changed tact (slightly). I've realised that the majority of the weight I have lost so far has been from my stomach, and whilst I'm happy, I want to target my legs too- calves & thighs

So for the past week I've been doing about 30 mins combined running & walking on an incline (hill) on the treadmill, and around 30 mins on the bike. I realised I'm enjoying it more and I feel more energised and invigorated rather than tired once I leave the gym- so I guess that's a good thing.

For the past week, I haven't really lost any weight- I've remained constant so I didn't do a "weekly weigh in" as I normally do. Although it was initially really disheartening, I've had to keep reminding myself of how fantastic I already feel even though I've only lost 7/8 kgs in total, since I started, and it can only get better from here, God willing.

I think I need to do more at the weekends. As I go to the gym on the weekdays- usually every day, I give myself a rest at the weekend. But then by Monday, I'm back at square one. So I really need to at least schedule a walk or some sort of planned physical activity on the weekend so that I'm always doing something.

I also need to remember to eat properly and eat on time, because if I don't, then my body will go into starvation mode and cling onto the fat- rather than burn it. That's all for now. Thank you ever so much for following my blog and being part of my journey- it means a lot :)

__________________________________________________________________________________

*Post title is from a song: Drake- fancy

4 comments:

Furree Katt said...

DUDE I HAVE LOVED 'FANCY' SINCE FOREVER. IT'S ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE SONGS. everyone at home hates it cause almost everyday i burst out with stuff like 'ATLANTA GIRLS, LEMME SEE YOUR HANDS'. i was so happy to see this as your post title, you cannot imagine. it was creepy.
your progress is great. :D

Furree Katt said...

OH YOU FANCY, HUH?!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hijabi hippie hypo said...

I only heard it quite recently actually! heh i love that part too! :D thank youu
ps we BOTH fancy ;) ♥